On this eight-kilometer circular route between the Ammerbuch districts of Breitenholz and Entringen, you will get to know the full diversity of Schönbuch. In the midst of species-rich orchards, steep vineyards and shady forests, the tour on the western slope of the Schönbuch offers varied impressions and fantastic views
Distance 8.3 km
The path leads you up to the Breitenholz vineyards. The slopes are structured by dry stone walls, the plots are small and steep - a lot of manual work goes into every bottle of wine. Dive into the forests of Schönbuch on mostly natural paths and trails and enjoy fantastic views from the eaves. The extensive orchards of the Schönbuchhang offer a colorful sea of flowers in spring, lush green in summer, delicious fruit in autumn and gnarled trees in winter. And they are also valuable habitats for thousands of animal and plant species.
Anyone who would like to take a few more impressions from the idyllic Käsbachtal can combine the premium trail with parts of the premium hiking trail “Ammerbucher Gigeleswegle”.
Update: November 03, 2021
Rest StopHotel Gasthof Ochsen
Restaurant & Ferienwohnung Ägäis
Restaurant und Biergarten Schloß Hohenentringen
Safety informationTogether for nature conservation!The Schönbuchpitzrunde leads over long stretches through the 460 hectare nature reserve "Schönbuch-Westhang / Ammerbuch". It serves to protect the large-scale “fruit forests”, which are interlocked here on a warm, sunny hillside with species-rich meadows, fallow vineyards with dry stone walls, sunken paths, hedges and forest edges. Some species of birds, reptiles, amphibians and butterflies, some of which have become very rare, also cavort in these valuable habitats. So that they continue to feel comfortable in the area, we need our consideration: please therefore only enjoy the wonderful landscape from the signposted paths.
Tips and hintsFurther information is available by contacting the city administration of Ammerbuch:
Further information to the Früchtetrauf hiking trails is available by contacting the district administration of Tübingen:
Getting thereFrom Tübingen via the B28 (via Entringen) to Breitenholz.
ParkingParking is available at the Breitenholz hiking car park.
32U 497096 5379681
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentNo special equipment needed. Hiking shoes are recommended.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view