With the "Tour des Erinnerns" (engl.: Tour of Remembrance), the district of Tübingen wants to set an example against forgetting and draw attention to places that are reminiscent of the atrocities of nazi germany.
Distance 51.9 km
The "Tour of Remembrance" was created in cooperation with the Hailfingen-Tailfingen Concentration Camp Memorial and the Rottenburg City Cultural Office and is intended to provide easy access to memorials. Traces of Nazi crimes between 1933 and 1945 can be found in numerous places in Baden-Württemberg. This is also the case in the Tübingen district: many of the local memorials were subcamps of the Natzweiler-Struthof concentration camp in Alsace, a hub of the German Nazi state's machinery of extermination.
Starting in Pfäffingen, the route leads about 50 kilometers via Reusten, Tailfingen, Hailfingen and Bondorf to Baisingen, and from there via Ergenzingen, the Neckar Valley and Rottenburg back to the starting point.
After station 2, it is worth taking a short detour to the Reusten mountain café.
Update: November 05, 2021
ParkingThere is a small car park at Pfäffingen train station.
32U 497304 5375482
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view