The well-signposted literature bike tour for children leads to well-known poets and thinkers in the Tübingen district.
Distance 23 km
This round tour for children leads past many orchards through the heart of the Steinlach Valley and connects the places where top-class writers once worked. On site, the adventure stations offer exciting information about Heinrich von Ofterdingen, Gustav Schwab and Hans Vaihinger. The Klett chocolate factory in Nehren with its attached factory outlet is definitely a special highlight for all chocolate lovers, big and small.
Above Nehren, east of the Zoller-Alb-Bahn on the Firstberg, there is a large playground and rest area with barbecue facilities and a refuge. Exact position in the outdooractive.
Update: November 05, 2021
Safety informationWearing a helmet should be a matter of course for all cyclists, big and small.
Tips and hintsA free tour book and the district's children's adventure map are available on request from the Tübingen district tourism agency, contact via email@example.com. Detailed cycling and hiking maps are also available there for a fee.
Getting thereFrom Tübingen take the B27 towards Balingen. Take the Dußlingen-Nord exit, then immediately turn right. Turn left directly behind the railway underpass and follow Bahnhofsstraße to the train station.
ParkingThere is a small car park at the train station.
32U 504284 5366579
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentNo special clothing required; If necessary, take a snack and enough drink with you for a break at one of the many rest areas.
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view