The granary is an imposing half-timbered building that was used to store the public food reserves shortly before the university was founded in 1475/76.
Grain reserves were stored in the several stories of the attic. The wine presses were housed in the enormous hall on the first floor, which is over 28 m (92 feet) long and 18 m (59 feet) wide. Starting in the 19th century, the building was used as a warehouse, a building yard, a hops kiln, and a school. Today the administrative office for citizens is housed here.
Updated: August 17, 2020